- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s mission accomplished for Cincinnati Bengals star Devon Still and daughter Leah, who successfully underwent cancer surgery Thursday.
Ahead of the operation, Still gave four-year-old Leah a pep talk, and he shared the moment (fist bump and all) on Instagram.
“I might be nervous and scared beyond words but I’ll never let her see it,” he wrote, adding, “let’s get this done!”
Hours later, Still posted a happy update: Leah’s surgery had been a success.
“After a 5hr 50min surgery the surgeon was able to remove ALL of her tumor and all of her lymph nodes and her right adrenal gland where it all started from,” Still wrote, calling it the “best news I’ve received in a long time.”
Leah was diagnosed in June with stage 4 neuroblastoma, a rare form of cancer. Still has dedicated this season to raising money for Cincinnati Children’s Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, asking people to pledge money for every Bengals sack.
You can find out how to donate here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day