- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A police report was filed against Nick Carter on Wednesday for alleged sexual assault, Santa Monica police confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
Police did not verify who filed the complaint but did say it is now being looked into by that department’s criminal investigations unit.
It would appear the report was filed by singer Melissa Schuman, who on Wednesday tweeted from her verified account, “I’m finally doing what I thought I could no longer do. I’m filing a police report #timesup #bebrave #bethechange #metoo thank you @RAINN [the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network] for empowering me to take this step.”
In November, the now 33-year-old Schuman accused the Backstreet Boys’ Carter of rape in the early 2000s, when she was 18.
Carter has vehemently denied the accusation.
— MelissaSchuman (@MelissaSchuman) February 7, 2018
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day