- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Award-winning German producer Nico Hofmann has been named sole CEO of UFA Group, Germany’s leading television drama company.
Hofmann, who had been co-CEO of UFA with Wolf Bauer, takes over sole responsibility for the Berlin-based company, overseeing all aspects of the business from development and production to sales and licensing. Bauer will stay on as an advisor to UFA and as a content producer and developer.
Arguably Germany’s best known and most successful television producer, Hofmann has made his name with big-budget TV dramas that examine Germany’s past, such as Generation War, which won an international Emmy for best miniseries in 2014, or East-West spy thriller Deutschland ’83, which won the international Emmy for best drama last year. The second season of the show, Deutschland ’86, premieres in 2018 on Amazon Prime in Germany.
Hofmann will continue to report to Cecile Frot-Coutaz, CEO of UFA parent company FremantleMedia Group, and will retain his position on the FremantleMedia board.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day