- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nike power-lacing shoes have finally arrived, but just a few people will have a chance to own a pair. At least for now.
The shoemaker announced Tuesday morning the release of the 2016 Nike Mag, featuring power laces, made famous in Back to the Future: Part II.
Fox, star of the Back to the Future franchise, suffers from Parkinson’s disease, and his foundation is working to find a cure.
Anyone may enter the raffle. There is no limit on the amount of tickets that can be purchased. All proceeds go to the foundation.
In 2011, a version of the shoe was released with 1,500 pairs auctioned on eBay to also benefit the foundation. However, those shoes did not have power-lace capability.
Fittingly, Fox was the first person to get a pair of the power-lace shoes last year, coinciding with Back to the Future Day on Oct. 21, 2015, the exact future date in Back to the Future: Part II that Marty travels to from 1985.
The automatic lacing system patent was filed by Nike in July 2013.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day