- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The New York Police Department is investigating Joan Rivers‘ death, a police source confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter on Saturday.
The 81-year-old comedian passed away on Thursday after being taken off life support. The previous week, she had entered Yorkville Endoscopy for a routine procedure on her throat when she reportedly suffered cardiac arrest. She was admitted to Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan later that same day.
“Yes, NYPD is investigating,” the police source told THR. “We investigate all such deaths, meaning ‘not by natural causes.’ Although it might end up being ruled natural by the [medical examiner], when it’s not readily apparent, we investigate.”
On Friday, the New York City’s Medical Examiner’s office told THR Rivers’ autopsy was “pending further studies.”
The New York State Department of Health has launched its own investigation into Rivers’ death.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood
Women in Entertainment