- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Maya Erskine is joining the Star Wars galaxy.
The PEN15 and Insecure actress has signed on for an unspecified role in the upcoming Disney+ series Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
She will appear in at least three episodes of the series, which has Ewan McGregor reprising his role as the Jedi Master and Hayden Christensen returning as Darth Vader.
Obi-Wan Kenobi is set a decade after the events in Revenge of the Sith, and all members of the Jedi Order have either been killed or exiled. The series is expected to include a rematch between Obi-Wan and his dark side apprentice.
Other previously announced actors in the series include Joel Edgerton, Bonnie Piesse, Kumail Nanjiani, Indira Varma, Rupert Friend and O’Shea Jackson Jr.
The six-episode series is directed by The Mandalorian veteran Deborah Chow and production is expected to begin this month. Obi-Wan Kenobi is expected to debut in 2022, following the debut of Mandalorian spinoff The Book of Boba Fett (December) and The Mandalorian season three (early 2022).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day