- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In San Francisco, the Occupy movement has expanded from its outdoor protests and moved on to indoor demonstrations.
News Corp. Chairman and CEO, Rupert Murdoch, who is currently embroiled a scandal of his own, was giving the keynote speech at the Excellence in Action summit for the Foundation for Excellence in Education in San Francisco Oct. 14, when a group of Occupy protesters, seated among attendees stood up and interrupted his speech.
“Elmo is for equality and education,” a woman holding a large stuffed Elmo head yelled while being escorted out while the crowd booed. “Occupy Sesame Street,” she continued, which appeared to be the predetermined mantra of the protesters, who were all dressed in business attire.
Murdoch tried to continue with his speech before more demonstrators interrupted, making it impossible for him to drown out.
Another protester held up a sign that read “O is for Occupy,” shouting “Occupy main street. Occupy media.”
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day