- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s official: Katy Perry will be the headlining act at the Super Bowl XLIX Halftime Show.
The news was announced by Perry on Twitter from Australia, where she is currently on her Prismatic World Tour, as well as Sunday Night Football’s Bob Costas to the television audience of the Cowboys-Giants game during halftime.
The announcement was followed by the release of an original digital short featuring Perry and produced by Super Bowl Halftime Show sponsors Pepsi. Later on Sunday, Pepsi also rereleased its acclaimed commercial “There Since the First #Halftime,” which was reworked with Perry’s hit “Firework.”
Super Bowl XLIX will take place on Feb 1. 2015 at the University of Phoenix Stadium, Arizona, with coverage live on NBC.
Sponsored by Pepsi, the Super Bowl Halftime Show is one of the most watched musical events of the year, with more than 115 million viewers in U.S. last year, and is broadcast worldwide. Recent acts to headline the Super Bowl Halftime Show include Bruno Mars, Madonna, Beyonce, The Who, Prince and U2.
The Super Bowl XLIX Halftime Show is produced by NFL Network Production and will be executive produced by Ricky Kirshner and directed by Hamish Hamilton.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day