- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The statement did not explain the reason for the move or how producers would handle the sessions already shot with Cole on the judge’s panel.
A source tells THR that Cole will not be on the panel because she lacked chemistry with the other judges, particularly Paula Abdul. “There was no spark,” a source says. “It was nobody’s fault. It just didn’t work.”
The source believes that it was Simon Cowell who concluded that replacing Cole was necessary.
The high-level industry source told THR that Fremantle will still pay Cole the reported $1.5 million she was owed under her contract.
Cole was originally announced on the show’s judging panel (Scherzinger was named co-host).
Judges on the show include Cowell, Abdul and L.A. Reid.
Steve Jones will now act as sole host.
The show is expected to debut on Fox this fall.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day