- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
According to Nielsen SoundScan, the country singer moved 1,047,000 copies — the most since 50 Cent‘s March 2005 release, The Massacre, which bowed with 1,141,000. Related: 10 artists who moved a million in a week.
Swift, who has also been garnering media attention for reportedly romancing Jake Gyllenhaal, will debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.
There have only been 16 over-a-million first-week album sales since SoundScan began tracking music sales in 1991, Billboard reports. The last was Lil Wayne‘s The Carter III in June 2008. N*Sync’s No Strings Attached holds the record with 2,416,000 records sold in 2000.
The newly relaunched issue of The Hollywood Reporter, on stands Wednesday, projected Swift would have a million debut.
“Whatever the number is, it’s mind-blowing,” says Big Machine CEO Scott Burchetta, whose Universal-distributed label has issued all three of Swift’s albums, 10 million strong and counting.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day