- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Will Sasso has officially been cast as Curly in the Farrelly brothers’ Three Stooges, from 20th Century Fox.
THR pegged the actor as the frontrunner earlier this week for the movie, which is being divided into three vignettes telling an overall story.
The movie is not a biopic.
The casting of Sasso sets the stage for snagging actors to play Larry and Moe.
When the project was set up at MGM, the Farellys had Jim Carrey as Curly (that same incarnation had Sean Penn as Larry and Benicio del Toro as Moe).
APA-repped Sasso was one of the stars of MadTV and appears on $#*! My Dad Says, which already ended its season.
His feature credits include the Katherine Heigl-Josh Duhamel romantic comedy Life As We Know It and voice work in the upcoming Thanksgiving animated film Arthur Christmas.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live