- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Working with the price-conscious Swedish label H&M must have really gotten to Balmain Paris creative director Olivier Rousteing, because he told WWD that he is “pushing to put the prices down at Balmain.” And he’s not talking about the fashion house’s much-awaited upcoming collaboration with the fast-fashion brand.
Read more Kristen Stewart Poses Nude For Mario Testino’s “Towel Series”
Tuesday marks the runway show that will finally allow fans to see in-person the clothes they’ve been drooling over one at a time as photos have slowly been released since May’s Billboard Music Awards, at which Kendall Jenner debuted the line. This show, taking place at 23 Wall Street, will see his BFFs Jenner, Gigi Hadid and Jourdan Dunn model the designs.
The pieces in the Balmain X H&M line start around $34 and top out at $570 for a hand-beaded dress, which is expensive but clearly still far less than a standard Balmain item, opening it up to a younger customer like himself (he’s only 30). Perhaps it influenced Rousteing’s desire to change things up with his declaration that he wants to lower prices.
Read more Terry Richardson Is Going to Be a Dad
“Now that I’m pretty well established, I can push. Before I was the Balmain baby and now Balmain is my baby.” Funny enough, he told WWD, “Ten years ago, I was queuing up for the Karl Lagerfeld for H&M launch. Now people will line up for me.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day