- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michael Phelps is headed back to TV for some competitive sport, but this time, he’ll be staying as far away from the water as possible: The 22-time Olympic medalist has been booked for the upcoming season of Golf Channel’s The Haney Project.
“As I enter this next chapter of my life, I think I will be able to shift my competitiveness to anything I put my mind to,” Phelps says in a statement. “And golf is one of the things I want to focus on. … I want to play all the world’s great golf courses, but I’d like to play them well.”
Phelps will get his chance: The show, hosted by Hank Haney, former coach of Tiger Woods, follows around one celebrity over the course of a season as they attempt to conquer some of the world’s greatest golf courses.
Past seasons have featured the likes of Charles Barkley, Ray Romano and Adam Levine.
Production on the fifth season of The Haney Project, on the NBC Sports Group-owned Golf Channel, is set to begin in September.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day