- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Mission unaccomplished, conservative group One Million Moms is putting an end to its efforts to pressure JC Penney from dropping Ellen Degeneres as its spokesperson.
In early February, the organization issued a statement on its website castigating the department store for its association with Degeneres, writing, “Funny that JC Penney thinks hiring an open homosexual spokesperson will help their business when most of their customers are traditional families.”
JC Penny issued a statement shortly after, standing behind Degeneres, and now, organization director Monica Cole told One News Now that they’re moving on and taking solace in the positive feedback they claim to have received.
PHOTOS: 11 Children’s Movies With Political Agendas? You Betcha, Say Conservatives
“We have heard back from so many of our members,” she told the website. “We have heard back from men and women — not just moms — saying they will no longer shop there at JC Penney, as long as Ellen DeGeneres is their spokesperson.”
Degeneres stood strong against the boycott, addressing the issue and thanking JC Penney for their support on her show.
“They wanted to get me fired and I am proud and happy to say JC Penney stuck by their decision to make me their spokesperson,” she told her studio audience. “It’s great news for me because I need some new crew socks, and I’m really gonna clean up with this discount.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day