- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oren Aviv has joined Robert Simonds’ newly launched film and TV studio as president and chief content officer of the motion picture group.
Aviv, who will report directly to Simonds, will oversee all aspects of motion picture development, production and marketing.
The new studio, which has not yet gotten its official name, is aiming to produce around 10 mainstream films per year, and, on the TV side, is already producing NBC’s Katherine Heigl starrer State of Affairs, which will debut in November. Announced in March, the new venture is aiming to make films with budgets of about $40 million each.
Simonds‘ executive team includes chief operating officer Thomas McGrath (former COO of Viacom Entertainment), executive vp corporate development and general counsel Noah Fogelson (former CEO of Crest Animation) and executive vp content Sophie Watts.
Aviv most recently worked at Fox as co-marketing chief but exited in October after two years on the job. He previously spent five years as president of Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day