- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Just one night after Donald Trump was skewered by President Obama at the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner, Trump’s Celebrity Apprentice was pre-empted by Obama’s announcement that Osama Bin Laden had been killed by U.S. forces.
Obama didn’t make his announcement until 11:35 p.m. ET on Sunday, but the broadcast networks — including NBC, home of Celebrity Apprentice — interrupted their regularly scheduled programming at least an hour before to report the news.
At Saturday’s White House dinner, Obama mocked Trump’s possible run for the presidency in 2012.
“We all know about your credentials,” he quipped, bringing up Trump’s decision to fire Gary Buseyin a recent episode of Celebrity Apprentice, joking: “These are the kinds of decisions that would keep me up at night. Well handled, sir. Well handled.”
Trump on Sunday fired back, admitting that he hadn’t expected to be attacked at the dinner.
“Well, I really understood what I was getting into — I didn’t know that I’d be virtually the sole focus,” he told Fox and Friends, adding, “I had no idea it would be to that extent, where you know, it was just joke after joke after joke. It was almost like, is there anyone else they could talk about?”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day