- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fresh off his duties earlier today announcing the Oscar nominees, Seth MacFarlane is featured in a handful of new promos for the upcoming 85th Academy Awards.
If there’s a theme for these new promos — which will appear on ABC beginning Thursday — it’s that the Family Guy creator will be a new type of host for the established awards event.
In one clip, the Ted director introduces himself and then tells views to “ask your kids” who he is. In another, MacFarlane tells the audience to Tweet. He then checks his phone.
“That’s not how you spell ‘douche,'” he says.
On Thursday morning, MacFarlane was joined by Gangster Squad actress Emma Stone to announce the nominees for the Academy Awards. (See the complete list of nominees here.)
MacFarlane brought plenty of jokes to the stage for the quick presentation, poking fun at Harvey Weinstein, screenwriters, film directors and Adolf Hitler.
The Academy Awards will be presented Sunday, Feb. 24, at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, and televised live on ABC.
Watch the new promos above and below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day