- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Producers David Hill and Reginald Hudlin have announced the key players that will bring the 88th Academy Awards to a screen near you.
Emmy-winning director Glenn Weiss, whose credits include 15 Tony Awards shows, will make his Oscars telecast debut. Billy Kimball is acting as the ceremony’s head writer, his credits include The Simpsons and Waiting for Superman and he is currently a writer on HBO’s Veep. Host Chris Rock will also be writing material.
Production designer Derek McLane (The Wiz Live!) will be returning for his fourth Oscars telecast, while choreographer Fatima Robinson will be returning to the telecast, after choreographing Pharrell Williams’s performance of “Happy” for the 86th Oscars.
Byron Phillips will be the supervising music producer, while Harold Wheeler will be the night’s music director. Eighteen-time Emmy-award winner Robert Dickinson will be returning for his 26th Oscar show as the lighting designer.
Talent producer Taryn Hurd rejoins the Oscar telecast team for the third consecutive year. Cindy Hauser, Nicolle Yaron and Chris Pizzi acting as consulting producers, and Michael Seligman will be the supervising producer.
The 88th Oscars will be held on Feb 28, at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, and will be televised live by the ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day