- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Panorama Media has boarded the big-screen adaptation of Seth Grahame-Smith‘s best-seller Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
The Megan Ellison-backed Panorama will produce and finance the mash-up film and will introduce the project to foreign buyers at the upcoming Cannes Film Market.
Darko Entertainment, Natalie Portman‘s Handsomecharlie Films and producer Allison Shearmur are already onboard the project, which was originally set up at Lionsgate.
David O. Russell penned the screenplay.
Darko’s Sean McKittrick is also producing alongside Annette Savitch. The film will be executive produced by Darko’s Edward H. Hamm Jr., Aleen Keshishian and Panorama’s Marc Butan.
??The team is currently out to directors.
CAA, which brokered the deal on behalf of the filmmakers, represents the film’s domestic distribution rights.??
Published by Quirk Books, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies has sold more than 1.5 million copies in the United States and has been translated into more than two dozen languages.??
Panorama, headed by Butan and Kimberly Fox, has represented international rights to a number of high-profile films, both third-party titles and films from Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures, including Zero Dark Thirty.
Email: Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com, Twitter: @TatianaSiegel27
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day