- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
French music and culture journalism outlet InRocks confirmed that one of their writers, William B. Decherf, was killed in the terrorist attack during Eagles of Death Metal’s Friday night concert. Decherf was 43 and the father of two daughters. At least 118 were killed in the concert-hall shootings, according to Paris’ deputy mayor.
“Today, [we are] in mourning,” the site posted in French [translation by Google]. “We just learned the death of our friend William B. Decherf [at the] Bataclan Friday night. For Inrocks, Guillaume [French equivalent of William] wrote on music, rock and metal in particular.”
The site says Decherf wrote about the California rock band’s latest album, Zipper, in their Oct. 28 issue. He was supposed to see Motorhead’s Sunday night concert in Paris.
As of today, all Parisian concert halls, museums, movie theaters and other public places have been shut down until further notice by the French government.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day