- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sajak, who has been hosting the show since 1981, admitted that in his early days of hosting he was sometimes drunk while on the show.
During an interview on Dan Le Batard is Highly Questionable, Sajak talked about how he and Vanna White would head over to a nearby Mexican restaurant called Los Arcos and throw back a few margaritas.
“We had a different show then. You didn’t win money. You won fake money with which you could buy cheesy prizes,” he said, adding that dinner breaks would be more than two hours, which gave him and White plenty of time to imbibe at a restaurant near NBC’s Burbank studio.
“Vanna and I would go across and have two or three or six and then come and do the last shows and have trouble recognizing the alphabet. They’re really good tapes to get a hold of,” Sajak said.
“I had a great time. I have no idea if the shows were any good, but no one said anything, so I guess I did OK,” he said, adding that he didn’t participate in that kind of activity when he got older.
“I would be hesitant to have anything to drink now,” Sajak added.
Watch the interview below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day