- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Paul Heaney is leaving Cineflix Rights, the Canadian indie producer’s sales division he founded 10 years ago.
London-based Heaney is to step down on May 31 as president and managing director after MIPTV.
His departure follows former Warner Bros. International TV Production exec Chris Bonney joining parent Cineflix Media in February to help the Canadian-based producer maximize rights exploitation worldwide.
Bonney will step in on an interim basis to fill Heaney’s shoes through a transition period.
“It has been an incredibly tough decision but I feel that it’s the right time to pursue new opportunities and I’m looking forward to the challenges ahead,” Heaney said Wednesday in a statement.
Glen Salzman, CEO of Cineflix Media, said Heaney was key to building Cineflix’s international distribution business, “which has grown considerably in revenue and industry respect each year.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day