- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has been named People‘s Sexiest Man Alive.
The WWE star-turned-actor — who has starred in San Andreas, Central Intelligence and the Fast and the Furious films — nabbed the annual title this year, just as his latest film, Disney’s animated film Moana, hits theaters this month.
The cover was revealed on Ellen in an episode airing Tuesday.
“What this means is I still have to drive in my pickup truck and change Jasmine’s diapers, but I’m the sexiest man alive,” he said to Ellen DeGeneres, laughing.
Johnson’s new title is also notable because he’s the second man of color to be named Sexiest Man Alive in the annual tradition’s 31 years. Denzel Washington was previously the only minority to have held the title in 1996.
Recent honorees include David Beckham, Adam Levine, Channing Tatum, Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds and Johnny Depp. A 29-year-old Mel Gibson was the first man to hold the title back in 1985.
Watch the videos below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day