- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
On October 21, 2015, Pepsi will release a new limited edition soda, Pepsi Perfect, paying tribute to the day Marty McFly arrived in the future in Back to the Future II. The 16.9 oz. bottle will retail for $20.15 — a bargain compared to the $50 that Michael J. Fox shelled out for the drink in the film.
Aficionados of the film have long been clamoring for the creation of Pepsi Perfect, and now they can finally get a taste. “Fans have always been a little crazy about it,” said Lou Arbetter, PepsiCo’s senior director of marketing, “So we wanted to take advantage of the fact that Marty traveled to the future, to this month, and wanted to actually come out with the product.”
Pepsi plans to release Pepsi Perfect online in a limited run of 6,500 bottles, available while supplies last. Each bottle will be furnished in a special case, and while the bottle will be new, the Pepsi formula will be the same as an already existing version of the soda — Pepsi Made with Real Sugar — because after all, the future is now.
Pepsi will also celebrate the film at New York Comic Con this month at the Javits Center, sponsoring a Back to the Future II-themed panel discussion and even recreating a booth inspired by “Café ’80s,” featuring a DeLorean and even a Wild Gunman arcade game. Each day of the conference, the first 200 fans who come dressed as Mary McFly will earn themselves their very own Pepsi Perfect.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day