- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TOKYO – Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters bowed at number four, pulling in $1.2 million (117 million yen) from 629 screens on Saturday and Sunday, in an uninspiring weekend for Hollywood at the Japanese box office.
The first part of local supernatural police drama SPEC – Close (Gekijouban SPEC Close Zen no Hen) opened at number one, taking in $4.66 million from only 290 screens. The second part of the film, the latest in big screen spinoffs from TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting System) TV dramas, will be released at the end of this month.
Opening at number 10 was 42, starring Chadwick Boseman as barrier-breaking baseball legend Jackie Robinson and Harrison Ford as Brooklyn Dodgers manager Branch Rickey.
Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg-starrer 2 Guns continued its poor worldwide box office run for Sony with a bow at number 11. Joshua Michael Stern‘s Jobs, starring Ashton Kutcher as the late founder of Apple, also failed to crack the top 10, opening at number 12.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day