- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Harry Potter alum was joined by co-stars Logan Lerman and Ezra Miller on Sunday afternoon to premiere the new footage of their upcoming film, based on the novel of the same name by Stephen Chbosky.
In theaters Sept. 14, Wallflower centers on high school freshman Charlie (Lerman) as he tries to survive the trials and tribulations of being a teenager. Along the way, he meets Sam (Watson) and Patrick (Miller), who help him — for better or worse.
The opening moments of the trailer sets up the story, with Charlie writing a letter the night before the first day of school. It’s clear he is a loner. But things quickly change when Sam and Patrick befriend him, introducing him to a life he never would have thought was possible.
Readers of the book will know that Charlie harbors a crush on Sam and in one particularly touching scene in the trailer, the two share a moment in the bedroom when they discuss the idea of love.
Wallflower co-stars Paul Rudd, Mae Whitman, Nina Dobrev, Kate Walsh and Dylan McDermott.
Watch the trailer below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day