- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tim Wen and Chidi Onyejuruwa are the winners of this year’s Make Your Mark short film competition, sponsored by the Producers Guild of America and Cadillac.
Judges including Kathy Bates, Michael Douglas and Danny DeVito awarded Wen and Onyejuruwa the top prize for Symphony of Senses, their short about a seven-year-old entertaining his grandfather. Wen directed and co-produced the film with Onyejuruwa.
Producer Bruce Cohen, who won the Best Picture Oscar for American Beauty, mentored Wen and Onyejuruwa during the production.
Symphony of Senses will be screened during the PGA Awards Jan. 24, at the Century Plaza Hotel. A portion of film will be shown in Cadillac’s 30-second spot that will air on ABC during the Oscars on Feb. 22
The Make Your Mark competition honors the work of Oscar-winning filmmaker Saul Zaentz (The English Patient, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest), who died last year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day