- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It will be the first time both musicians have worked on the awards broadcast, which ABC will air Feb. 26, the Academy said.
Zimmer won the best score Oscar in 1995 for his work on The Lion King. He’s received eight other nominations, most recently for 2010’s Inception.
Although Zimmer has scored five films this year – ranging from the comedy The Dilemma to the animated movies Rango and Kung Fu Panda 2 to the sequels Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows – he told the Hollywood Reporter in October that he planned to sit out any personal Oscar campaigning this year, saying “I just wanted to take a step back and say ‘I’m not in the race’.”
The Grammy-winning Williams composed the score for the 2010 animated movie Despicable Me and his songs have appeared in such films as Fast & Furious, The Brave One, Knocked Up and Mean Girls.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day