- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Philadelphia Daily News will run a front page on Tuesday that likens Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler.
The cover shows a picture of Trump speaking with his hand in the air, the gesture looking similar to the Nazi salute, with the headline “The New Furor.” Furor and Führer — the infamous German word for leader — are homophones.
The cover was shared by David Lee Preston, assistant city editor of the Daily News, with the comment, “Remind you of someone?”
— David Lee Preston (@DavidLeePreston) December 8, 2015
The cover runs a day after the GOP presidential candidate called for a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.”
Trump was immediately blasted for the statement by those who called the proposal racist and illegal.
During a rally in South Carolina Monday night, Trump said the U.S. had no choice but to act on his proposed policy. “We can be politically correct and be stupid, but it’s going to get worse and worse,” he said
A spokeswoman for the Trump camp did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day