- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pierre Morel may be *this* close to getting his latest directing project.
The French director, who came to Hollywood’s attention with the hit Liam Neeson action movie Taken, is making a presentation this afternoon to Universal outlining his take on Hasbro board game adaptation Ouija.
The studio has already heard a presentation from Sylvain White, and Scot Stewart and John Moore have also been having conversations about directing the supernatural thriller centered on the spirit board that is used to communicate with the dead.
Morel is also in talks to direct Warner Bros.’s EDF, aka Earth Defense Force, a giant alien invasion movie which is being produced by Sam Raimi and Bill Block, head of QED International, the outfit that is financing the project.
The story is set after three alien fighters attack the planet, leaving countries humiliated. The governments of Earth then race to create a space fighting force in preparation for a second attack by an approaching alien horde.
Warners is high on Morel for EDF, which is a favorite amongst certain execs but is waiting to see how Ouija plays out. Ouija is a high priority for Universal and would certainly go before EDF.
Morel, meanwhile, also has Taken 2 on the docket, if Ouija and EDF don’t work out.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day