- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first trailer for The Place Beyond the Pines shows Ryan Gosling once again playing a bad boy who likes to drive — but this time his character’s vehicle of choice is a motorcycle.
Gosling’s Luke is a stunt motorcyclist who learns he has a son with an old flame (Eva Mendes) and takes up crime to support his newfound family. Later, a rookie cop (Bradley Cooper) attempts to foil Luke’s bank robbery, propelling the pair into a tense chase scene that is among the trailer’s highlights.
The gritty-looking Pines had its premiere earlier this year at the Toronoto International Film Festival, where it was acquired by Focus Features. Its story unfolds in three chunks taking place over 15 years and reunites Gosling with Blue Valentine director Derek Cianfrance.
Pines and also stars Ray Liotta and Rose Byrne. It’s slated for a March 29, 2013 release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood