- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With an old-fashioned, illustrative quality, the first poster for Wes Anderson‘s Grand Budapest Hotel aligns with his signature whimsical nostalgia, along with an ability to wrangle the industry’s most exciting ensembles.
There are familiar faces on the lineup: Edward Norton, Jason Schwartzman, Tilda Swinton, Harvey Keitel and Bill Murray all return from Moonrise Kingdom.
Owen Wilson, Willem Dafoe, Jeff Goldblum, and Adrien Brody clocked time in previous Anderson pictures (most recently The Darjeeling Limited and The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou); and somehow there’s room for a few newcomers, including Ralph Fiennes, Saoirse Ronan, Tom Wilkinson, Lea Seydoux, F. Murray Abraham and Jude Law.
Vacancy at the aforementioned hotel is expected to be limited.
Earlier reports suggested the film centered on a legendary concierge and his young protege, with a plot focusing on “the theft and recovery of a priceless Renaissance painting, the battle for an enormous family fortune and the slow and then sudden upheavals that transformed Europe during the first half of the 20th century.”
The Grand Budapest Hotel will be released by Fox Searchlight in 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day