- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Though The Hollywood Reporter was initially slated to cover both the 6:45 p.m. red carpet and reception, media was told by a Television Academy rep at 3:35 p.m. that press would not be allowed into the reception “as a result of today’s events involving Samantha B.,” leading to “the need to limit access to tonight’s activities.”
Bee is slated to attend the 11th annual honors at NeueHouse Hollywood on Thursday night alongside castmembers and executives for Full Frontal (TBS), 13 Reasons Why (Netflix), One Day at a Time (Netflix), Andi Mack (Disney channel) and LA 92 (National Geographic).
Dana Delany (Hand of God) will host the event just hours after Bee tweeted an apology to the first daughter for using an expletive to describe her: “It was inappropriate and inexcusable. I crossed a line, and I deeply regret it.” Sarah Huckabee Sanders had called out Bee for her “vile and vicious” words.
TBS also tweeted, “Those words should not have been aired. It was our mistake too, and we regret it.”
The Academy’s Emmy Award nomination-round voting begins June 11.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day