- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Danny DeVito is nearly ready to make his Broadway debut in The Price, and he and the cast — also including Mark Ruffalo, Tony Shalhoub and Jessica Hecht — are sporting somber garb for the revival’s first press photo.
The 1968 drama centers on Victor Franz (Ruffalo), a bitter man who abandoned his dream of an education to support his father after the family suffered crippling losses in the Great Depression. The play explores Victor’s struggle to make peace with the past three decades later, when he returns to his childhood home to sell off what remains of his parents’ estate.
Hecht plays Victor’s wife, Esther; Shalhoub plays his estranged brother, Walter, a successful doctor. DeVito plays Gregory Solomon, a shrewd Russian furniture dealer hired to appraise the family’s possessions.
The Roundabout Theatre Company revival begins previews Feb. 16 ahead of its March 16 opening at the American Airlines Theatre, and runs through May 7.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day