- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Prince George, the world’s favorite chubby-cheeked royal, stole the spotlight from little sister Princess Charlotte‘s christening on Sunday morning with his snappy red shorts and white embroidered polo shirt. But for die-hard royal family fans, seeing the 1-year-old’s outfit was major deja vu.
Rewind 31 years ago to 1984, when George’s daddy was only two years old and visiting his newborn brother in the hospital, and we see a tiny blond Prince William looking equally as adorable in a near exact replica of the outfit. Whether the repeat outfit was a coincidence or intentional, we can’t be sure, however it shouldn’t come as a surprise considering the family’s flair for throwbacks.
Given the proven power of the Prince George effect, we’re guessing it won’t be long before more (less royal) British tots start rocking the look as well.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jamie Lee Curtis
Monday Night Football