- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oliver Hirschbiegel‘s big-screen portrait, originally touted to buyers during Berlin and then Cannes this year as Caught in Flight, has been retitled as simply Diana.
Shooting on the film produced by U.K. production company Ecosse Films is under way, with Watts starring alongside Naveen Andrews, Douglas Hodge and Juliet Stevenson.
Tim Haslam, the former CEO of Hanway Films, is handling worldwide sales via his Embankment Films. All major international territories already are presold, excluding the U.S.
Hirschbiegel directs Watts based on a screenplay by Stephen Jeffreys (The Libertine).
Billed as a love story, the movie reveals Princess Diana’s unexpected and empowering relationship with heart surgeon Dr. Hasnat Khan.
Watts described landing the turn as “an honor to be able to play this iconic role.”
The nine-week shoot will take the production to such locations including Croatia, Mozambique and in and around London.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day