- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Seth Gordon is directing the feature, which is paddling toward a shoot with Alexandra Daddario and Kelly Rohrbach also suiting up.
Paramount’s movie centers on the leader of an elite group of lifeguards (Johnson) who is forced to team up with a young, hotshot former Olympian (Efron) to save their beloved bay.
Scheduling conflicts with the film’s shoot and Chopra’s ABC show still need to be worked out, but the actress would play the story’s villain.
Beau Flynn and Ivan Reitman are producing. Johnson’s Seven Bucks Productions will produce in some capacity. Michael Berk, Douglas Schwartz, Gregory Bonann also are producing.
Baywatch would be Chopra’s English-language feature debut. The actress had her Hollywood breakthrough by nabbing the lead in ABC’s Quantico, which follows an FBI recruit suspected of being a terrorist agent.
She is repped by WME and manager Anjula Acharia Bath.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day