- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dana Brunetti has two best picture Oscar nominations under his belt. But his latest endeavor — helping his 6-year-old daughter, Estella, launch her own YouTube channel — may be his most gratifying.
Brunetti (The Social Network, Captain Phillips) set up Estella’s “studio” in his Cavalry Media office with two old phones, some LED lights and stands he bought on Amazon. “I decided to let her do it because it teaches her a lot and gives her some structure,” Brunetti tells THR. “And the most viewed kid on YouTube is 7 and made $22 million last year!”
Since its debut in December, Estella’s Fun Time has amassed 105 subscribers and features segments (think holiday cookie decorating and unwrapping those insanely packaged LOL Surprise Dolls) with such Hollywood guests as Roxy Sowlaty (Rich Kids of Beverly Hills). Brunetti has lined up Russian artist Lora Zombie and Playboy Playmate of the Year Dani Mathers for future appearances. LOL indeed.
This story first appeared in the Jan. 9 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.