- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BuzzFeed is bringing on a prolific Hollywood producer to shepherd its growth into feature films.
Michael Shamberg (Pulp Fiction) is joining the New York-based viral content publisher as an adviser to its newly created Motion Pictures division. Comedian Jordan Peele (Key and Peele) also will work with the company in an advisory role.
BuzzFeed announced Sunday that it raised $50 million for a large expansion across several divisions, including its editorial team and international business.
The company’s Los Angeles-based video division, which was established two years ago, has been reorganized as BuzzFeed Motion Pictures, which will produce content that ranges from GIFs to feature films. Executive vp video Ze Frank will lead the division as president.
BuzzFeed Video will continue to focus on short-form content, and BuzzFeed Live Development will create serialized content.
BuzzFeed’s video business currently generates more than 200 million monthly views. On YouTube, the video clips have brought in 1.7 billion views and 6.6 million subscribers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day