- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CLEVELAND, Ohio — Several arrests were made Wednesday afternoon right outside the Republican National Convention.
Both men and women, many chanting anti-Donald Trump messages, were led away handcuffed, driven from the area in police vans.
It appeared at least 10 arrests were made. An official number is unknown.
Two police officers were assaulted during the protest, according to police. They sustained “minor injuries.”
The order to disburse was given by police for the area to be cleared by media and onlookers.
Some protesters had torn clothing.
A massive police presence swarmed the area after an American flag was reportedly being burned. It is unclear what exactly prompted police to begin to make arrests.
Some delegates were unable to enter Quicken Loans Arena because the arrests were being made. The delegates made their dissatisfaction known to police by telling officers it was unacceptable to block the entire area.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day