- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Queen Elizabeth loves her British television. According to People, the Queen is a big fan of the popular U.K. show Downton Abbey.
“She loves to pick out the mistakes,” author Brian Hoey told People. Hoey, who has written a wealth of books chronicling the royal family, dished that the 89-year-old is able to spot small inaccuracies in Julian Fellowes‘ 20th century England drama even though the show has a historical advisor.
“They do tend to get it right,” added Hoey. “However, the Queen did notice on one episode that there was a young so-called British officer wearing medals which had not been awarded when he was supposed to be alive. He was fighting in the First World War and the medals on his chest did not come in until the Second World War.”
The show has garnered interest from other members of the royal family. Kate Middleton visited the Abbey set back in March.
Downton Abbey will return for its sixth and final season with a season premiere Jan. 3 on PBS.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood