- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Queen Elizabeth II has stripped disgraced Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein of the Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire honor, or CBE, that he had been awarded in 2004.
Weinstein, the former Miramax and Weinstein Co. boss, was earlier in the year found guilty of sexual assault and rape and sentenced to a 23-year prison sentence.
”The Queen has directed that the appointment of Harvey Weinstein to be an Honorary Commander of the Civil Division of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, dated 29 January 2004, shall be cancelled and annulled and that his name shall be erased from the Register of the said Order,” a statement in The London Gazette, the UK.’s official public record newspaper said.
The honor is designed for people who have made a “distinguished, innovative contribution to any area.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day