- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tendo Nagenda has been promoted to executive vp, production, at the Walt Disney Studios.
The executive, who has been with Disney since 2010, was previously senior vp, production, handling many of the studio’s live-action projects through development and production to physical production and post.
Nagenda oversaw Cinderella, one of the studio’s live-action updates of its animated classics. The movie was the belle of the ball for Disney, earning rave reviews, becoming a top 10 hit and grossing over $540 million worldwide.
Nagenda, who was on The Hollywood Reporter’s precognitive Next Gen list in 2010, balances the pre-existing IP with original material and ran point on Disney’s upcoming chess drama, Queen of Katwe, starring Lupita Nyong’o and David Oyelowo, which is set to open in September. He also shepherded the live-action reimagining of Beauty and the Beast starring Emma Watson and set for release next year.
Among his projects in development are the adaptation of A Wrinkle in Time with director Ava DuVernay, Dumbo with Tim Burton, an adaptation of Tom Barron’s Young Merlin series with writer Philippa Boyens and a live-action Mulan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day