- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rachel Brosnahan, the Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning star of Amazon’s The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, joined her glam squad, hairstylist Owen Gould and makeup artist Lisa Aharon, to discuss beauty inspirations and preparing for red carpets.
Brosnahan named Keira Knightley and Tessa Thompson as two of her personal beauty icons, saying, “Keira’s got similar complexion to me and I like how much fun Tessa has with all of her looks.”
Neither a morning nor an evening person, Brosnahan takes her coffee black if it isn’t a soy latte and always has snacks and lipstick in her clutch for events.
Gould and Aharon also broke down Rachel’s beauty look to create tutorials for The Hollywood Reporter.
“The whole mood is to have the braid feel effortless,” Gould said during his tutorial to re-create a braid he did once did for Brosnahan. “I like to leave a few pieces out around the face. Once I’ve fastened, or secured the hair, at the bottom, then I like to go back and do some detail work, and kinda frizz up the braid with my hands to give it a little bit more of a lived-in, relaxed vibe.”
Brosnahan’s makeup artist, Aharon, also walked through how to re-create the actress’ red and vanilla-colored eye from her 2019 fall style photo shoot.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day