- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It looks like L.A. is becoming the hottest destination for designers to present their upcoming collections. Rachel Comey announced Thursday that she’ll be showing her fall 2017 collection in the City of Angels.
Scheduled for Feb. 7, a day before Tommy Hilfiger presents the second Tommy x Gigi range on Venice Beach, Comey will be staging her show at Hauser Wirth & Schimmel, an art gallery in DTLA’s Arts District. The presentation also will incorporate the gallery’s onsite restaurant, Manuela.
For those unable to attend the show, Comey will host press appointments the next day at her Melrose Place boutique, which opened this summer. She also will hold private showroom appointments during New York Fashion Week.
Comey is the latest designer to decamp the Big Apple for La-La Land. Hilfiger, Rebecca Minkoff, Tom Ford and Rachel Zoe will be unveiling their latest collections in L.A., too. Dior also announced that its Cruise show will take place in L.A. on May 11.
Comey counts Rashida Jones, Tracee Elliss Ross, Busy Phillips, Miranda July and Kim Gordon among her famous fans (they all attended the designer’s Melrose Place store opening party in June). Don’t be surprised if these ladies appear in the front row, too.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day