- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson star in the drama, which tells the story of how Walt Disney (Hanks) spent 14 years courting P.L. Travers (Thompson), the Australian author of Mary Poppins, to adapt her books about the magical nanny for the big screen.
The cast includes Colin Farrell as Travers’ father, British actress Ruth Wilson as his wife, and newcomer Annie Buckley as a young Travers. Also on the call sheet are Bradley Whitford, Jason Schwartzman, B.J. Novak and Paul Giamatti.
Griffiths plays Travers’ aunt, who serves as the model for Poppins, while Griffiths will play one of Disney’s associates.
John Lee Hancock is directing and Kelly Marcel wrote the screenplay.
Shooting locations include Disneyland in Anaheim and Disney Studios. Shooting is expected to wrap by Thanksgiving.
Griffiths is best known for starring on TV’s Brothers & Sisters and Six Feet Under. She is repped by WME, Markham, Froggatt & Irwin and Signpost Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day