- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Friday Night Lights star Scott Porter is teaming with his A-list friends and co-stars for a personal cause.
The actor and his wife, Kelsey, are being honored as part of this year’s fifth annual Freeze HD event, which raises money and awareness for the fight against Huntington’s disease.
In support of the couple, Rachel McAdams, Jason Ritter, Jaime King, Bryce Dallas Howard, Simon Helberg and Marianna Palka, along with Scott Porter, have joined the host committee for the gala, with the goal of raising $250,000 for the Huntington’s Disease Society of America. Ritter, King, Howard, Helberg and Palka are all return hosts, having also served on the host committee for last year’s event.
Kelsey Porter was diagnosed with Huntington’s disease in 2014, after learning that her mother Diane also had a genetic disorder.
“We are determined to bring awareness to this disease and offer support to anyone who is affected by Huntington’s,” the couple said in a statement. “We are incredibly grateful to accept this honor from Freeze HD and cannot thank our friends and family enough for lending their voices and their support to this important and personal cause.”
The Freeze HD event, set to be held Sept. 28 at the Avalon Hollywood in Los Angeles, will include a live auction, musical performances and more Hollywood guests.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day