- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rachel Weisz has mostly been loyal to her friend Narciso Rodriguez when it comes to dressing for movie premieres and the red carpet. She usually picks simple looks, solid color dresses, and wears her hair down.
But for the New York premiere of The Bourne Legacy – which could wind up being one of her bigger box office films – she pulled out all the stops: a Raf Simons for Dior couture dress, just shown a few weeks ago in Paris, in structured black with an amazing inset corset and a slit up the side. This is such an Old Hollywood moment–totally Ava Gardner.
Because Weisz wore her hair up and wavy–a rarity–with red lipstick, well – she looks more high fashion than usual: still sticking to her guns, but much sexier and more movie star.
In just three weeks, the collection has had two major movie stars wearing it for two major movie premieres. Marion Cotillard, a spokeswoman for Dior, was the first to wear the newly debuted Dior couture at The Dark Knight Rises premiere in London.
If this isn’t making Dior happy they hired Raf Simons away from Jil Sander, we would be surprised. And just wait until Simons shows Dior ready to wear–another first–in Paris in October.The stylists will be lining up.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day