- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rachel Weisz is in negotiations to star opposite Michael Fassbender in The Light Between Oceans, DreamWorks‘ adaptation of the M.L. Stedman novel.
Derek Cianfrance is directing the drama, which Heyday Films’ David Heyman and Jeffrey Clifford are producing.
Set on an island off the coast of Western Australia after World War I, the book tells of a lighthouse keeper and his wife who find a 2-month-old girl and a dead body in a rowboat and decide to raise the baby as their own. But what seems like a blessing soon turns tragic, as morality and love are tested.
A shoot in Australia is being eyed.
Weisz was last seen in Oz the Great and Powerful and recently wrapped The Lobster, an indie sci-fi romance that also stars Colin Farrell.
She is repped by CAA, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Hirsch Wallerstein.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day