- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Radio Disney Music Awards has set a date and the first performers.
This year’s awards show will take place Saturday, April 26, at the Nokia Theatre in L.A. Live, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Disney Channel will broadcast the awards show as a one-hour special the following day, Sunday, April 27, at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
Rapper Becky G, who will also perform, helped announced the news Thursday via a YouTube video and on the Radio Disney morning show. (Watch the video below.)
Additional performers at the ceremony include girl group and former The X Factor finalists Fifth Harmony and pop-rock band R5. The headliner and additional acts will be announced later.
As a lead-up to the awards show, Disney has set a seven-city tour, On the Road to the RDMAs, which will feature up-and-coming recording artists and stars. It will kick off Feb. 22 in Orlando, before hitting five more cities before culminating in a pre-show in front of the Nokia Theatre on awards day.
Tickets for the awards show are on sale via AXS.com starting Thursday.
The fan-voted awards show includes categories like best female artist, best group, “fiercest fans” and others.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day